Uninsured Boater Coverage
NBOA Boat Insurance Guide
Since boat liability insurance is not mandatory, there are many boaters operating without liability coverage. Uninsured Boater coverage is designed to compensate you for injuries to persons aboard your boat that are caused by an operator of another boat who has no liability insurance. If you are legally entitled to recover damages from the other uninsured boater, or if you or your guests on your boat are the victims of a hit-and-run boater who cannot be identified, this coverage can help ease the financial impact of those injuries.
Read More About Your Boat Insurance Policy
- Go to our Boat Insurance Guide Homepage page to go back to the boat insurance basics.
- Go to our Physical Damage Coverages page to see what is covered in your boat insurance policy.
- Go to our Physical Damage Exclusions page to see what is NOT covered in boat some boat insurance policies.
- Go to our Policies page to research how different policies affect what you pay.
- Go to our Personal Property and Boat Towing Assistance page to research personal property and towing coverages.
- Go to our Medical Liability Coverage page to read about medical liability coverage.
- Go to our Boat Insurance Rates page to check all the possible factors that affect your boat insurance rate.
- Go to our Boat Insurance Myths page to dispel some common misconceptions about boat insurance coverage.
- Go to our Boat Insurance Tips page for some helpful pointers on choosing the right boat insurance policy.
- Go to our Lay-up Coverage page to see why you should keep your policy active during the lay-up