Each year, individuals resolve to lose weight, read more, find the love of their life, and make other noteworthy life changes – what about your boating life? Here are a couple of solid New Year’s resolutions to make on and off the water…
- Take a boating safety class. Some classes from the USCG and US Power Squadron can actually help bring your marine insurance premium down!
- Purchase/wear a PFD (check out lifejacketsplus.com for the most up to date safety equipment)
- Go green – use environmentally friendly cleaning products. Most cleaning supplies contain harsh chemicals that are potentially hazardous to the environment. With a little vinegar, lemon oil, baking soda and toothpaste, you can create your own green cleaning supplies! Not only will it save money, it will better for the water!
- Explore a new location – visit a location that’s only accessible by boat. Be more adventurous – life is too short not to take advantage of exploring the unknown!
- Learn how to tie a new knot and splice line.
- Learn about sea life and how to identify different species.
- Have your engine serviced yearly or every 100 hours.
- Share your love of boating with someone!