Medical Liability Insurance
Boat Insurance Guide
- Physical Damages
- Boat Insurance Policies
- Personal Property and Towing Assistance
- What Factors Affect Your Boat Insurance Rate?
- Uninsured Boater Coverage
- Medical Liability Insurance
- Tips for Protecting Boats and Yachts
- Sinking Boat Insurance Myths
- Should You Cancel Your Policy During Lay-up?
From The Blog
Medical Payment coverage is extremely important and something you should make sure you have adequate limits of coverage for. Medical Payment coverage will pay for first-aid treatment, ambulance, hospital, and other costs resulting from someone being injured on your boat, even if you are not legally responsible. It is important to research whether the coverage applies while someone is boarding or leaving boat, and while being towed behind your boat, such as while water skiing. Check to make sure that injuries to you and your family are also included in this coverage. Given equal amounts of insurance, coverage on a “per person” basis may be preferable to coverage on a “per accident” basis.